Reentering the realm of Pizza delivery Day 2 ...

Posted by Beamer at 12:44 AM

I showed up for work the second day all ready to go. I clocked in and went out on my first delivery.

A piece of cake.

Went back and quickly got sent off on another delivery. Great. Job Security.

I found the location and found a place to park a few yards down the street. It seems like I had delivered Pizza Here many many Moons ago. Seemed vaguely familiar. The front door led to a common hallway that the four apartments inside went off of. The thing that really hit me as I entered into the doorway and the hallway was the amazingly strong odor of burning Hemp.

Mary Jane. Marijuahana. Weed.

Illeagal activity.

Oh my Gawd that is strong. So I find the apartment that I need and I knock on the door.

And I wait. And I breathe in. And I wait. And wait.

Then this young lady opens the door. She had apparently ordered a fair amount of food (Munchies) and I am pulling box after box after bag of food from the inside of this black warming bag. And she has a young child trying to exit the room he is in and enter the smoke filled hallway. She takes a box or a bag and then grabs the youngin and heads him back into the room.

She repeats this process about 5 times. I am still breathing in. Out in the smoke filled hallway. Breathing.

She wants to hand me some money, but I want to give her a total before she does that. I find the total and tell her what it was and she hands me a wad of dough. I tell her to have a good night and turn away from the door. still breathing. Funny, I don't smell the Pot smoke any more. I count the money and stick it into my pocket.

I'm not sure but the door seems a bit different as I open it. Wow, that's odd. I go to walk to my car and notice the oncoming car sounds really really nice. Neato.

Then I get behind the steering wheel and notice my Car Stereo just sounds amazing. It does sound good normally, but this is sounding fantastic.

Wait a minute, I am stoned. Not slightly buzzed, not just feeling good, but like how am I going to drive stoned. I have to drive, so I drive.

About 1 block.

Nope, that's it. Christ, Now I have to do is call my brand new boss and try to explain to him the where's and the why's and the I don't believe this crap type of stuff and Hope he understands and don't fire my butt on the spot.

I get my cell phone out and call. I manage to get past the small echo of my voice coming back to me in my ear for some reason, which really really sounds good. I explain to him, I think, what is wrong. I find him asking me about 3 or 4 times if I am going to be late getting back. I guess I finally answered him. I hang up.

Then for some reason I think it would be a good Idea to call my wife and let her know what is going on. She doesn't answer and I find myself leaving a message of some type on my answering machine, after I stop listening to my amazing voice speaking to me about leaving a message after the beep.

(Cont.)

0 comments: