I know

Posted by Beamer at 4:41 AM

December 10th, 2008

There has been a reported death of common sense. I think it is a fallacy, that common sense should still be alive and strong , but ...

In an area of our Town to the east, there has been a small lake that has been there probably forever. It is famous, or at least was, for having High performance speed boat racing, usually the quarter mile.





These dudes are loud, echoing off the surrounding hills as the reach top end speeds of 160 or 170 Mph in a quarter mile stretch. So what do enterprising home builders do but build homes in those surrounding hills. Then come Home owners to buy up these brand new homes.

And what do they do? They complain about the Drag races and the sound coming from the lake. Races that were held for years before their houses were built.

So, Now I feel bad for the people in San Diego that had an F-18D Hornet Jet crash into their Houses and kill 4 people at present. It's a sad situation. But if you have one of these



or a group of these flying over your house on a regular basis, something has to make you wonder - What if?

These houses were built long after the Naval air base had been in Operation. I lived in San Diego briefly and these things are flying around all hours. Also they are very hard to miss when they fly in formations of 4 or 8 jets grouped together. Its an awesome spectacle, but you don't want to be living under their flight path. Hello?


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

On a side Note, I get to go in for Jury Duty tomorrow. Odds are I am going to get picked to serve. I have been an alternate in a criminal case before and was a jury lead in a Civil case.

Of the two choices, I guess being a jury lead would be better. With being an alternate, at least in California, I sat in on a trail for the full length of the trail, then was sent home just as the Jury went back to deliberate. I got a phone call telling me that I was no longer needed as a Juror, but was not told what the final decision was. A total week wasted.

3 comments:

Mike Golch said...

No said that you had to have "smarts" to build a development,and as the saying goes"if you build it they will come!" and buy the homes.

Beamer said...

Yep, your absolutely Right Mike. Build it and they will come - so true.

Beamer

Mike Golch said...

beamer,I swiped the if you build it from field of dreams and added the buy a home.Ity just seemed to be the right thing to say.