Part 3 of 3.

Posted by Beamer at 5:50 AM

August 21st, 2008

Part Three

I returned again to the same Gas station to get my next allotment of gas. Hoping For a much better time than the last time I was there. I walked in to the store part and saw that the owner was now behind the counter.

After handing him the paperwork to get the deal started, I asked him:

"You are the owner of this place right?"

Owner: "Yes."

Me: "Well. I had a very Interesting time when I was in here last."

Thinking I should get an award for understatement of the Year, or at least the month.

Owner: 'Whut Happened?"

Me: "You have a young lady and a tall Mexican working for you, right?"

Owner: "I have a young lady working here. But there is no Mexican working for me."

Me: "You have got to be kidding."

I just began to tell him the sorted tale of the guy standing behind the counter, when the owner stopped me.

Owner: "Is that him?"

He pointed towards the front door as the crazy man walked in and passed me. I backed away.

Me: "Yes."

Owner: "Whut are you giving my customers a hard time for?"

The tall Hispanic looked at the owner with a blank stare and didn't say any thing. I looked at the man is disbelief.

Me, hoping the Hispanic was in a much calmer mood, since I wasn't asking for a receipt right then: "You don't remember my car?" I pointed to my large white Chevy station Wagon.

Again, a blank stare.

Me: "You don't remember me?"

The Mexican turned to the owner and said: "I don't know what your talking about?"

Me, to the Hispanic again: "You don't remember me?" I pointed to my chest.

The Hispanic looked at me and at my car again then said: "Nope."

I backed away from the Hispanic again and turned to the Owner: "I don't even want to stand next to this dude."

The Hispanic: "mumble don't stand next to me?"

I went out the door to get my gas. After I finished, I looked up and the Hispanic was standing near the front door talking to another guy. I waited, then the Hispanic left. I walked back in the store. The owner was helping a customer. As soon as he finished with her, I finished telling him about what happened that day.

Right then, a black man walked in the store and after only hearing a sentence or two of what I was saying, he said to the Owner: "You talking about Crispy?"

The Owner grudgingly admitted yes.

Me: "The guy's name is Crispy?"

Black Guy: "Yep."

Me: "How fitting"

Black Guy: "He used to work here a long time ago. Trust me, If he thinks he's the big dog around here, then I'm the small dog, and that kind of crap won't happen again."

Ok.

Me: "You hang out with this guy, Crispy?"

The hurt look on this guys face spoke volumes.

Me, reaching out and putting my hand on his shoulder: "Oh man, I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by that. Just this Crispy dude has got me a bit freaked out."

Black Guy: "He has that effect on People."

Me, still trying to understand, turning to the owner: "So Crispy doesn't work here?"

Owner shaking his head no.

Me: "But he was standing right there."

Me pointing at where now the black guy stood, behind the counter.

Owner: "I'll have a talk with the young lady. She shouldn't be asking Crispy for directions."

Me, shaking the owners hand and thanking him a good day.

Me thinking hot damn, I got me some good blogging material and How can I work him into B and B.

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Beamer, sorry that I have not been visitng and commenting as I usuly do. still battling my deamond.

Beamer said...

I fully Understand Mike. You take it easy and don't let it bother you.

Beamer