One for Mike

Posted by Beamer at 5:33 AM

August 6th, 2008

My last night on the graveyard shift at AM-PM, it was close to the time to lock up the beer doors, to keep people from getting more beer. I had just helped a customer with their purchase and watched as these two Bozo's walked into the store. They split up once they came in and I watched them casually while doing odds and ends. It was cold out and both of these guys had heavy coats on, so anything was possible with these two as far as stuff walking out the front door.

They met up at one time, about 10 minutes after they had come into the store (it's not that big a store) and were looking at their wallets. I walked behind the counter and piddled around. Just then, I heard one of the doors to the beer cases slam shut and one of these guys went running out the door with two cases of beer, one under each arm. The strange thing was, his buddy had just walked up to the counter. He was wanting to buy a candy bar.

Now we had pretty decent cameras in the store and one of them pointed over my shoulder and faced the counter where this guy was standing. As the beer went out the door under this one guys arm, I grabbed the zipper area of the coat on this other guy and pulled him firmly towards me, One hand firmly grasping on each side of his coat. I glanced over my shoulder to make sure the camera was pointed right at him and moved over just a little and moved him to where there was no way his face wasn't going to be filmed.

He asked me what I thought I was doing. I told him his buddy just ripped me off of two cases of beer. He denied knowing anything about it. I sad that's ok, I'm just making sure your getting on the camera, I let loose with one hand and pointed up to the camera. His eyes got the size of quarters. I told him it was my last night there and he really made it a good one and then I let him go. He ran out without his candy bar.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Wholly smokes!

Was it really your last night?

Beamer said...

Yep.

Unfortunately, it meant making phone calls and lots of paperwork as well to finish up the loss of the beer. The local police had to be called in and I had to be interviewed by them.

The cop was really glad I had done what I had done, It made his night as well.

Beamer

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the interviews. it was nothing like that Deputy had to go thru though.
The nice thing was that they would come past the store several times a night just to check on me. that is how that bozo ended up the way he did.
I hope that you are haveing a great day!Mike G. said that(it's an A.A.thhing)

Beamer said...

We would get an occasional Bakersfield PD coming in for free coffee. They didn't come in or by nearly often enough for my taste. We were kind of on the edge of town.

Beamer

Mike Golch said...

I was allowe to give them free popcorn but could not use the bags that we sold the popcorn in,so I would doubl bad the brown bags that we would put the puches in and give the popcorn to them.The cofee was free to them as well they just had to have their own cups. compant policy said I could not give the cups away free.Go Figure.