Another one for Mike

Posted by Beamer at 11:39 PM

August 8th, 2008

This was a interesting start to another grave yard shift at this crazy AM-PM Store I worked at a while back. As I walked in the store, there were 3 sheriff's that were very excited and a Cashier that was besides herself with excitement. I clocked in and started asking questions.

The cashier started to fill me in. She had been robbed, probably 45 minutes before I got there. There were 3 guys and each of them had ran out with two "suitcases" of beer under each arm. I think it contained 24 cans of beer in each "suitcase".





Needless to say, it was a lot of beer going out the front door with out being paid for. The Store manager showed up about then. Luckily, the store didn't have any customers right then.

One of the guys had jumped over the retaining wall to the parking lot next door.





About then the Store Manager and one of the cops needed to talk to the cashier. I had a few brief customers and then had a chance to talk to the Cashier's Husband, who was waiting to give his wife a ride home.

Hopefully, the images show how on one side of the wall, facing the AM - PM is about two feet high. At the Time, the other side of the wall was about 6 feet high. The parking lot on the opposite side has been regraded and is only about four feet tall now. But then it was quite a difference in height.

So this one thief decided to take a short cut jumping over the wall with about 20 extra lbs of liquid in two large, hard to handle, cases of beer. He then apparently landed entirely wrong on the other side of the wall with the 6 foot drop and broke the thigh bone in one of his legs. The other two guys jumped in their get away car and sped off, leaving their partner in crime writhing in pain, of course after picking up his stolen beer as well.

The husband had jumped over the wall in chase and saw the whole thing go down. He said he had never seen such happy cops as they loaded the guy in an ambulance and hauled him off. The thief had asked the husband to help him get away before the cops showed up. He had to inform the thief that he had just robbed his wife and that He wasn't going to do anything till the cops showed up. The husband was also able to give the license plate of the getaway car.

6 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Just when you think you have heard it all. something new show up thank God My shift were the quite type of days.
The bad days lkead to binge drinking that would go on for days at a time. there were days that i'd be half drunk and still mananged to funtion.

Beamer said...

Yikes. I'm sure your glad those days are behind you now.

Beamer

Mike Golch said...

you and me both Brother. this is the longesrt I have been sober in my adult life. 17 years and counting.

Anonymous said...

Beamer, I have an award for you on my wordpress site so when you can come truckin' over and get it. http://mjgolch.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Holy mother of God. BOTH THIGH BONES?

I'm sorry... but I kinda feel bad for the guy. Stealing is wrong wrong.

But BOTH THIGH BONES!!!!!

I feel both nauseous and achy at the same time.

Beamer said...

Well, the cashiers husband wasn't a doctor, but the police said that he would never be walking the same way again. Weather they knew correctly or not, I don't know. Yes, after dropping some six feet down, he landed on the cement curbing and didn't even land right. Apparently according to the Cashiers husband, he was much more concerned about holding on to the beer than saving him self and landing right.

Beamer