Ok it's not much

Posted by Beamer at 6:28 AM

July 11th, 2008

My wife and I went to have some pizza last Night. We were watching the TV in there. Its a small area with about 6 booths in two rows of 3 each. We sat in the middle one on the right. My youngest son of 20 going on 14 was to join us. He was going to be driving his van without a drivers license. (trust me, we've told him it's wrong, but it's about like talking to the wall) and I got up to change the channel on the TV. It dawned on my wife that we should come in on Monday nights to watch Closer on Their satellite/ cable setup. We both like Closer. We are lacking the channel for the Closer at this time. I had already had a few mugs of beer.

Me: It probably wouldn't do any good to come in here then because someone would want to watch the Lakers play Baseball.

(I am well aware {99.99% of the time} usually that the Lakers are a Basketball team and It dawned on me as I said it that was wrong, but I'm telling my wife this)

Wife: The Lakers Play Baseball, Huh?

Me: Yes they do. (not wanting to admit I was wrong.)

Wife: Since when? (Damn, she's on to me. Have a few more Beers, Wife.)

Me: (total silence)

So then my son shows up. The pizza has been there about 20 seconds.

Wife to son: Gee, did you know the Lakers play Baseball?

Son: (with mouth stuffed with pizza) Whut?

Wife to son: That's what Dad said.

Son: The Lakers play Basketball (Duh!)

Me to wife: Thanks a lot for sharing that.

Wife: (laughing) No problem.

Me: Well, I was hoping you wouldn't know what the Lakers played.

Wife: Well I do know a few things.

Me: Well You don't know when to keep your mouth shut.

Wife: Laughing

Son: (Inhaling Pizza like there is no tomorrow)Mumble mumble Mumble


Original Image

4 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Beamer, 20 going on 14, I can relate to talking to the wall whe I was a C/O I was dealing with co-workes that were going thry the terrible twos.Thanks for the good posting.At least I have mananged not to stick my foot in my mouth so far this week. two more day and I'm home free.
that's my story and I'm sticking to it. hugs and blessings

Beamer said...

Oh yeah I am a Sagittarius and we excel at putting they foot in thy mouth. Thanks for the Laugh and the post.

Beamer

Breezie said...

I am ROFLMAO, sounds like a conversation that would happen between hubby and myself. And I know all about the 20 going on 14, I have a 25 year old, going on around 17...lol

Beamer said...

Thanks for the Visit Breezie. I feel your pain, a 25 year old going on 17. You have a good day.

Beamer