Watch out for steam ...

Posted by Beamer at 6:31 PM

Don't ask me why, but I felt the urge to past this note along:



Steam Burns Bad



With my experience cooking, I have discovered the hard way that steam will burn you a whole lot worse and a whole lot faster than just about anything in the kitchen. Granted, coming in contact with a burner that is hot or the side of an hot oven is bad, but steam will go deeper into the skin just as quickly, IMHO. Much worse than hot water or hot grease. Steam is the killer.



I like in the movies when some one takes a scalding from a stem pipe opened to hit them in the face and they come back fighting. Yeah right, They probably would be ... I'll take pity on you in case your trying to eat or something like that.



Anyway, be careful this holiday season with your cooking.




I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have labeled this picture. Uhm, I'm early for next year.

0 comments: