Something else I'd like to pass along ...

Posted by Beamer at 4:18 PM

I really hope you don't suffer from Gout. I have had to deal with this ailment for most of my life, at least the last 30 years. One thing I decided was that I wasn't going to take medication for this disorder and was going to control the problem with my diet.
I managed to work at a hospital for a while and came across some very informative literature on the foods that trigger the problem of Gout. I thought I might pass this list along in cases any one out there suffers from this painful condition.


Foods to avoid - these are high in purine content:

  • Liver
  • Sardines
  • Scallops
  • Mackerel
  • Tongue
  • Beer
  • Wine
  • Basically, all alcoholic Beverages
  • Beef Consume
  • Goose
  • Wild Game
  • Soups with peas or mushrooms
  • Soups with Lentils or meat broth
  • Yeast (both bakers and brewers)
  • Bullion
  • Gravy



Ok, now you also want to avoid fat, especially when you are having problems. Fat apparent keeps your body from getting rid of the Uric acid, which is what is causing the arthritic pain in your joints. That and drink lots of water. That will help you get rid of the acid.
I have other info on this condition, but I will make that another post.

0 comments: