It dawned on me ...

Posted by Beamer at 12:17 PM

As I read my last post about what happened when I was last unemployed and had way too much time on my hands.
9 - 11 Happened.
There I was at home, being woken up by my wife very early in the morning, her saying something about a fire or being attacked in New York. I needed to wake up and see this. I stared at the TV screen just as the second plane plowed into the side of the building and the smoke from the first hit was seen in the background.
I am sure I uttered an obscenity as my mind tried to comprehend what it was that I was seeing with my eyes. I turned to my wife and tried to come up with a question and she started to tell me what had been going on in the half an hour she had been awake, herself trying to comprehend what it was that was happening.
I spent the next few weeks glued to my TV, watching as others did the same, tried to figure out what took place that fateful day. Watched as they tried to put a good chunk of New York back together again.
I for one, shall never forget that day, horror filled. Unbelievable. Hoping and praying that none of us will forget.

0 comments: