Steve Part 1

Posted by Beamer at 7:39 PM

Digging deep, going back to the stone age, I need to Introduce you guys to Steve. Steve and I made some amazing music together, for many years. He started with a fender Guitar Copy, white, with a maple neck. In contrast I had a Mosrite Copy, a semi Hollow Bodied guitar that was quite similar to what Ted Nugent used for many years and may still do. Been awhile since I have seen Ted play. My guitar, when we first met was in it's natural colorage. It was a sunburst stain with a deep yellow paint job over most of the body. It looked great if you were into Country western music, but I was into, and still am into Rock and Roll. Preferably fast loud progressive music of my own creation.

But it certainly wasn't that way when we first met. I had probably been playing guitar for about 4 years. I could play, sort of, and I knew how to tune it real good, which helped tremendously. Steve had a great ear for tuning as well, so if nothing else we were always in tune when we played. At first, Steve was able to out play me. He could play rhythm and lead guitar,which I was totally jealous of. I could Play rhythm, mainly and totally sucked at playing lead. I had the one amp, A Fender pro reverb amp which I still have. Its a beautiful marvel of Human engineering and provides great amplitude to the music I provide to the front inputs of the Amp. 100 watts, 2 - 12 inch Celestion speakers, a solid heavy frame and that great Fender name. It has Tube technology which doesn't really fit hand in hand, because tube amps are not technically advance, and their in lies their beauty.

Tube amps, especially this Fender, has such a nice warm tone to it, which you would be able to hear, if I din't have the guitar plugged into anywhere from 2 to 4 different "toys" before the music finally hits the amp. The sound has traveled from my guitar, through a distortion unit, which has taken the original sound and transfered it into a rough rock necessary sound. It also goes through either one or two flangers (which I am not even going to be able to describe what the effect is within this blog. Some day when I have a day or two I might try to explain it, but it iis so much easier to just hear the effect in use. I think it is amazing.) Then last might be a waa waa pedal, but not very often. (to be continued)

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Great posting,making music is a view into our souls.

Beamer said...

I always thought of music as a second language. It's too bad most commercials are playing down to such a low level.