Hey wait!

Posted by Beamer at 9:14 AM


I probably should still be more awake than I am to be posting this, but the idea is in my head and I'm plugging forward.

My youngest son went with my wife to get some groceries. That in itself is an act worth blogging about. It just don't happen. Anywho, Son returns from shopping trip with a Box from Smiths. Enough said.




Oh, for those of you not Living In Bakersfield, California, Smiths is de Bomb, bakery wise. These guys are awesome. I have eaten their baked goods ever since I can remember. Oh, the stories I could tell.
So, the wife opened up the Smiths box, explains that our Son bought these and hands me this huge Maple bar. Somewhere in the fog of still trying to wake up from about 15 minutes ago I get these two thoughts - one is to just eat a bit of this and have a decent breakfast. Thought 2 was I ought to take a picture of this Bakery beauty to share with all my readers.
I get to talking to my wife about her shopping experience with our baby son (21 going on 14) in tow. Some where in the back of my head is this still quiet voice saying stop to the Maple bar again going into my mouth and me enjoying immensely the tastes flooding my mouth. Nom Nom Nom.
Some 30 seconds after the Maple bar has disappeared, I remember the plan of only eating a little bit and taking a picture of the stupid thing before even putting it to my lips - Ooops.

So maybe next time.

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I can totally relate.We have an Itialian bakery that is da bomb as well.

Beamer said...

I think its great to have a good bakery around. Something I think is essential to life.

Beamer