Tap tap tap

Posted by Beamer at 12:24 AM

Feb. 13th, 2009


I will never forget one night when I was sitting at home reading a very scary book (Peter Straub - Ghost story - I highly recommend it). I was reading about how there were Ghosts that were sort of haunting this poor farmer. He had found some slaughtered cattle on his ranch that these two ghosts had killed. ( Apparently the ghosts didn't like Beef or cows) Anyway the farmer is sitting near a window reading a book, trying to calm his nerves. I was sitting right underneath a large window at the time.



Just then, as I am reading the very passage where the ghosts rap on the poor scared Farmer's window and he jumps out of his seat (I was all engrossed in this author's writing) Some one knocks hard on the window I'm sitting under. I think I let out a gasp or some kind of girly sound and stood up suddenly.



I took a couple of deep breaths, felt my heart beating rapidly in my chest, and realized that I wasn't that farmer and there were (or shouldn't be) any Ghosts knocking at my window. (Why the hell the window, what was the matter with the
front door?) I slightly opened the door to find two Sheriff's standing at the front door. They didn't look ghost like. I open the door proper and I was then asked If they could see my wife after they asked me if I was married and had answered affirmative.



Seems someone had complained about a man and woman fighting nearby and with my appearance at the time that I opened the door, had led them to believe that I was the guilty party. I asked about my appearance and they said I looked scared. (Really, I don't know why?!)



They peered into the bedroom to find my wife sleeping soundly (It was 10 pm at night) in her bed. They were walking out the apartment when one of them asked if I had heard any disturbances. I told them no, but really had to bite my tongue and not tell them about two guys knocking at my window and scaring the crapola outta me.

3 comments:

Mike Golch said...

yep seeing a couple of deputies at you door does that.This reminds me of the time during a heated argument my first one hit me with the telephone,when that happened I was not a gentileman and needless to say the neighbors called the deputies on us.I was still in my Air Force fatuges and they decided that I needed to leave the apartment and go to the base to "cool down" and give her a chance to cool daown as well.

Anonymous said...

Any sort of cop in this town at your door is NEVER a good thing. Am I right?

Still... hee hee. That is awesome. Too bad your wife didn't wake up and say, "Oh, I wasn't sleeping, he knocked me unconscious."

LOL

Beamer said...

Mike, sorry it dredged up some bad memories.

Amy, knowing my wife, if they had woke her up, I could see her trying something like that.

The worst thing about those sheriff was that they stood off to the side of the door when I first peered out so for about another minute I was still wondering just what the F was going on.

I have never considered a visit by the local cops to be a good thing.

Beamer