Trying Something Different

Posted by Beamer at 5:35 PM

November 25th, 2008

I am currently soaking Our Thanksgiving turkey in brine this year. Brine, at least this one, is a salty/sugary concoction that is supposed to improve the texture of the turkey and make for a plumper bird.

I took an Emeril Lagasse


recipe and added a few goodies and a little different technique. I have tried a chicken prior to this (soaking in Brine) and it worked out quite well. I'll pass along the process once I see if it works ok.

The 20 pound Turkey is presently in a Ice bath / Brine soak in an ice Chest. I'm glad My wife is willing to experiment with our food.

Our Turkey From Last Year.

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

good luck with the brining my friend. we tried useing that technic with a recipie from the Simply Ming show on PBS. we did the time that was stated and the ribs got really salty.

Mike Golch said...

OOPS,I forgot to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!