The Entrecard Group Wiki

Posted by Beamer at 11:22 PM

Update Feb 08, 2009: Having no response from any one in Entrecard, I am officially pulling the life support. I'm sorry Mike. It's not working out like we had planned.

Update November 9th, 2008: I am just about to pull the plug on this. It just hasn't gone anywhere. Oh well, I tried.

I have been working to make a present of sorts for the Entrecard Group, of which I am one. I am hoping that it will be a special place for Bloggers that belong to Entrecard.

What it is briefly Is a group WIKI that only E-card members in good standing will be allowed in. I hope for it to be a play ground of sorts for all those Hard working Bloggers after a hard day blogging, or maybe before they begin, or during. I don't really care.

I know this much, Its a WIKI, so the creative juices could really create something spectacular here. As you know, or maybe not, There are some very creative individuals utilizing Entrecard. And the Potential, which Is what I try to focus on, well, lets just say the sky is the limit. That and there is nothing else out there like this for Entrecarders.

Joining will be a bit tricky. I have to be able to maintain some control over this thing, for WIKI's have a way of getting totally out of hand if left to their own devices. So, it is by invitation only, But every Entrecarder is going to get invited. See, a very selective process.

There will be nothing done with your data. Nothing will be sold or offered or allowed to escape as far as I have control over it. Also, if you want, you can quit at any time. And If not completely satisfied, you will get a full refund of your entry price, which is free.

Have a great day.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Questions and Answers

1.) Sounds interesting, please send me an invite to ****@*******per.org.uk anyway, but I would like some more information. are you talking about people being able to alter my website or blog?

A.) Nothing of yours would be altered in any way. No, the altering would take place with the Group WIKI, so it can become what Entrecarders would want it to be. A wiki can be edited in many different ways. It can be very fluid and flexible or can be locked down to where there is no editing at all. It also keeps track of former versions, so edits can be undone quite easily.

It is a very unique setup and can be very versatile. I am just waiting to see where this goes. So far I have been the only one doing the editing and creating. I think there is a pretty good beginning there and just need it to be shaped and formed and such.

Beamer - September 23rd, 2008

2.) Man, I don't even know what a Wiki is. Are you talking about like a listserve or something?

A.) Have you ever been to wikipedia? That is a wiki. What I envision with this Entrecard Group WIKI is like a huge Table with a lot of newspaper on it and next to the table is a large lump of real nice clay.

Somebody comes along and builds a little castle with some of the clay and then paints it all yellow. Some one else comes along and paints two of the towers a pretty purple. Then someone thinks Lakers and adds a small Basket ball court to the back of the castle all made out of clay.

Then next to the castle on the table some one makes a bust of Ringo Starr. Some one else says to heck with that and Makes a bust of Conway Twitty next to Ringo.

So I could go on and on, but the table would be the WIKI and the clay would be the Info you add to it to make yours and yet it is part of the table.

Yet, you can comeback if you want, and take the clay off, cause of the newspaper. Then you lay down fresh newspaper and start all over again.

Beamer - October 3rd, 2008

3.) Yeah. Okay. So that sounds good. Except I don't know enough about EntreCard to build anything. I can't even figure out the stinkin' dashboard half the time.

A.) Ok, your getting the feel for it. That is part of the beauty of this. It doesn't have to do anything with Entrecard. It has to do with you. Your likes and dislikes and what moves you. You can start a section devoted to music or your kids or your great Aunt Edna or your love of Orchids or maybe you enjoy Chevy Trucks.

This isn't a blog, but it could be if you want.

That's another beauty of this whole thing, You can start your own WIKI as well if you want. You let me know the address and I add the link to the fray and people can come and visit your Own WIKI.

There is just a ton of freedom with this and a whole world of Creativity to explore, if you want.












Entrecard Group

Wiki Group


Visit this group




8 comments:

Carol said...

What's a WIKI?

Mike Golch said...

WORKS FOR ME.

Beamer said...

Mike, Thanks.

Beamer said...

Carol, That is an excellent question. I feel a WIKI is a good thing.

A WIKI is designed in such a way as more than one person, if they have the permission, may alter the page they are looking at, create a new page that is tied into that one, or may create something in the WIKI which has nothing to do with the page they are looking at, but feels that it may Add to the WIKI as a whole.

Now part of the Fun of a WIKI is that someone else may come along and decide to alter the page you have made because they have possibly a better way to do things. If you agree with the changes fine, but If not, then a discussion really needs to start and figure which is right or come to some sort of agreement. A WIKI can almost become a living breathing entity of it's own.

That is it in a nutshell. I'll have to offer a more detailed description in the WIKI itself, which may get debated in the process.

Beamer

Anonymous said...

It sounds exciting!

Beamer said...

Oyvind, well, flattery will get you everywhere with me.

One Invite coming up.

Beamer

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the offer Beamer, but I'm going to have to decline. I don't think I'll be much help to you and I don't have any tips for Entrecard users.

Good luck with your project!! I hope you find individuals that can help you with it.

Beamer said...

Thanks Lyndon. You have a good day.

Beamer