Hopefully this still matters

Posted by Beamer at 3:27 AM

Apparently It doesn't and I apologize. The symbol I had posted used to lead to a way to send a lady and her children to Disney world. It had been the ladies dying wish too take her children to the Disney place. I had gotten the badge quite a few months back and thought a re post might be a good thing, but instead I got bit in the butt.

So I don't know weather the lady is still alive, got to reach her dream or what. The Internet can be a great place at times, but other times, especially these days, you just have to be on your toes at all times.

In the past, you would have gotten a gentle message telling you some kind of update, some kind of class prevailed back then. Now its screw that, lets get what we can while we can get it and screw any class at all. These badges were on a number of websites, It had been a big deal, at least in the world I was traveling in on the Internet. Its a very sad commentary on the state of the Internet these days.

And again I apologize. Lesson well learned.

Update:

Miss Ann Thorpe, the lady whose site was at the end of the link in the badge in question wrote an explanatory message. You can read it in the comments. I guess someone informed her of what I had written. Perhaps there is hope for the Internet after all.

The good news is the Lady got to take her children to Disney world. That was her dream apparently before she passed away. I was glad to hear that.

7 comments:

Mike Golch said...

beamer,is this some kind of joke?
I clicked the disney badge and went a site called miss anna thorpe. What in the world?

Donna said...

Hi,

There were a ton of updates and a list of the prize winners. After a week or two, I closed those posts because I was afraid people would try to continue donating.

She did take her family to Disney before she found out she has a rare form of intestinal cancer.

I'm kind of surprised you didn't go to my blog to read all the updates, or read her blog to know how she was doing.

Beamer said...

Well, I thank you for the update, The way That I found out about the badge in question was merely by chance and was not aware of the updates being available. I didn't know the lady nor do I know her. I was just trying to help out. I shall try and do some research on her.

Beamer

Mike Golch said...

Beamer, my biggest thing was the way the site looked like.(a little too adult looking) I'm glad that the lady was able to take her children to disney.

Beamer said...

I fully Understand Mike. Believe me that is not what I had been expecting.

Beamer

Anonymous said...

No biggie my friend.I'm an adult it is just the way the lady's site was laid out I found disturbing.For an adult it is fine for a child who might wonder aboun it it is not. That's my story and I', sticking to it.
I really did not mean to crawl down you throat,I appologize for that one! Peace to you my friend.

Beamer said...

Mike, I didn't take it that way. Not even close. I took it as you letting me know that something was wrong.

I've know you long enough to know somewhat where your coming from.

I appreciated the comment. And trust me I find something wrong with your site (like it freezing up my computer) your going to hear about it from me as well.

No problemo senior.

Beamer