The world is just a tad bit insane today ...

Posted by Beamer at 4:41 AM

I wake up and grab the local paper for my wife, who is still asleep. 36 pages. Total. Good thing there is a flyer from a local department store or the folded up paper in the plastic bag this morning would have been even thinner than what it was. I won't read the thing. Haven't in years. But my wife reads it daily, making sure to check the Obituaries first thing, daily, along with her morning coffee.

I just had to add the word flyer to the spell check provided by Mozilla Firefox, the browser of choice these last few months. Apparently Firefox wants to be spelled with a capitol F.

I have a hearing with the state in about a month or so. Was told that if things didn't go right, I could end up in Supreme court. Is this for a mass murder I committed? Nope. A serious default on my state taxes? Wrong. Maybe a heinous crime involving hookers and sending them over state lines? Not even close.

It has to do with a job I worked at. When all is said and done, I still am not sure I can name names. You probably can figure it out, but I shant be divulging much more right now. Have to wait and see what comes of my "Hearing". Lord, I cant wait. It definitely is the main reason for the insanity I am feeling today. Insane Indeed. Its akin to having a paper cut. Say two weeks after the paper cut has finally healed, some doctor wants to reexamine this cut. He rips it open, blood everywhere. He then pours salt and dirt and other crap into the now gaping wound, and while your at it, leave that wound wide open till we tell you to have it now stitched up for say, oh, a month or so. Have fun with that.

Yep, totally insane. But that is what I pay my state taxes for. God I am so lucky to live in California.

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I used to live in Ca,years ago. First when I was assigned to be in the 2951 C.L.S.S at McClelland AFB,sacramento.then when I got married for the first time to a gal I meet out there I stayed in Sacramento after exiting the USAF. Then when the marriage fell apart and we were divioced I secided to move back home to Cleveland Ohio.I'm glad that I did because I meet my current lady that has been in my life for 28 years now.

Beamer said...

Somehow I have a feeling Ohio is a tad bit tamer than the Wilds Of California.

Beamer