A cautionary tale

Posted by Beamer at 8:49 AM

Part of the problem with the Internet is the fact that it is forever in Flux, forever changing, sometimes for the better some times not.

Email lately has become very very security conscious, at least Google, Yahoo, and Hotmail. Yes, I use all 3. Why you may ask?

Because I am partially crazy I guess. Actually the Hotmail I opened because of the storage on Skydrive, because at 1 point in time I was coming close to filling up my hard drive and needed badly to get some stuff off the Hard drive. Then I found a great deal on a 2 terabyte external hard drive and bought that and my storage problem was solved.

Anyway, this morning I was using one of my Google email accounts, (Yes I have multiple Google email accounts) and it needed to update my security info, Fine and dandy. Lo and behold, there was an email account for a backup email account (Security stuff for Google) and I no longer had access to that account. Part of the change of the Internet. It went away. I didn't want it to, but it did.

So, then the fun really started. It is a long drawn out technical bunch of hooey which I finally got resolved, but just be careful with what you use for security info. The ever changing Internet can come up and bite you where you sit and it is not a whole lot of fun.

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

well so far so good I have not been biten by the assine security as of yet. when that does happen you can believe I will be ranting about it.

Beamer said...

I am with you - asinine security. It is clamped down so tight now compared to what used to be - oohhh, don;t get me started.