Happy New Year

Posted by Beamer at 6:45 AM

Yep, I'm off to a late start this year. Better late than never.

I have a couple of recipies that I created, The first one is a compound butter that I used on our Thanksgiving Turkey. I softened the butter up after having it in the refigerator for a couple of days and mushed it up under the skin and all over the bird before sticking it in the oven.


Compound Butter #1 -

1/4 pound Butter unsalted - Softened
1 TBLS black Pepper
1 1/2 TBL Garlic Powder
1 tsp mild hot sauce
1 TBLS Parsley
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
1/2 TBLS Paprika
1 1/2 TBL Rosemary

Combine Ingredients thouroughly 2 days before needing. Refrigerate.


This is something I created last night. I thought it turned out rather tasty and thought I'd share it with you.


Side dish #1

1/3 cup rice - cooked
1/3 cup corn
1/2 cup diced cooked Ham
1 tsp Parsley
1 tsp black Pepper
1 1/2 TBLS Teriyaki Sauce
1 TBLS Butter
1 TBLS Rice Vinegar

Place Ham in a covered skillet with the butter, pepper and parsley. Heat Thoroughly. Add Vinegar and Teriyaki Sauce. Add corn and rice. Simmer with lid on, stirring and carefully heat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is just like you to post a rice dish when I am trying to go low carb. Pfft.

Happy New Year!! (Belated, I know, sorry)

Mike Golch said...

Beamer,sounds good I will have to try this some time.

Beamer said...

Amy, Good luck with your Low carb Diet. I couldn't pull that off.

Thanks Mike.