I'm having an argument

Posted by Beamer at 12:39 PM

December 2nd, 2008

With myself right now, which, as I post this is stupid because I know I 'm going to go through with it, so I ought to stop right now, but there is that delete button so It could actually go the other way, but it won't.

Again, I am so glad My wife doesn't read this blog.

A few years ago we got a Christmas tree stand that turns our tree. It works really neat because you also get to have lights on your tree.





So, she, being my wife, unboxed the stand and unbagged (She now stores the tree in 50 gallon trash bags, being a fake tree) the tree. She assembled the tree in the stand and said something under her breath. She then wondered aloud why the tree wasn't spinning. I glanced over and the tree stood its 7 feet tall in the stand, not moving. She then unstacked the tree and glared at the stand. She reassembled the tree, then removed the top two pats and just had the bottom part in, or at least what she thought was the bottom part. She then took the bottom part out and had me tell her which Part I though was the bottom. I told her and she reinserted it back into the stand.

I watched as the tree stood there, still, even though she is pushing buttons like crazy on the remote. Oh yeah, there is a remote control that controls the tree. One button for this cheesy Christmas music to come from the base, one to turn the lights on and off, and the top button that turns the motor on and of to turn the tree. Nothing. Nada. Cheesy Music, sure, so we got power to the stand. So I bring forth my technical expertise and start to disassemble what I can, which wasn't much. I found a fuse taped to the power cord and then found the housing for the Fuse. The fuse checked out fine. I reassembled what little I disassembled and gave her back the stand. She placed the bottom of the tree back into the stand and started pressing the bottom two buttons like crazy. The music came on and off and the tree didn't move.

Well, I noticed in the directions, that the top button on the remote was the button to get the tree to turn. I casually asked for the remote and gently pushed the top button, with her watching my every move. The tree started rotating.

"I thought the middle button was to get the tree moving."

"So you never pushed the top button?"

"Nope."

I love my wife to pieces. All that time and energy ...

3 comments:

Mike Golch said...

well at least I'm not the only one to screw that up.that is whay my BH always remind me to read the instructions first.

Deranged Princess said...

~laughs~ - that sounds like the kind of episode that would happen in my household.

Glad to hear the tree is up and spinning though!

Beamer said...

Thanks Guys. Yes the tree is spinning great.

Beamer