An Explanation of sorts (possibly again)

Posted by Beamer at 10:38 PM

September 22nd, 2008

Ok, lets see, on Friday I went to the local Fair with my wife, daughter, son in law and Grandson. I had an excellent time till we were leaving the fairgrounds at about 1030 PM. My wife and I were walking along an area that should be nice smooth cement sidewalk and well lit. Should be, but it isn't. It's very fine dirt which they have oiled repeatedly to try and keep the extremely fine dust from blowing around so much and hardly any lights at all. In this dirt in a very dark part of this walkway, a tree root has sprung up, and I found it with my right Foot.

In the ensuing next few moments, I went down first on my right knee, then onto my left forearm and then onto my left shoulder. Hard, onto hard dirt. A cloud of dust, then passers by worried if I was OK. I checked out what was what and told them I was OK. A young gentleman helped me back to my feet.

My forearm was bleeding some what and finally managed to get it washed off. The real fun started the next day.

I awoke to a very sore knee and a shoulder that didn't like being lifted more than a foot or so. So that was Saturday. Sunday I went outside and repaired a fence that some lovely neighbors redesigned for me. I guess I didn't sleep very good the last few nights and then slept about 12 hours today. I'm going to get back into the swing of things posting wise, I promise. Just needing some time to get my self back into shape.

4 comments:

Mike Golch said...

take care of your self.I know how bad a body can feel after a bad fall.

Beamer said...

I'm doing a lot better today, Still a few aches and pains, but at least I can function now. Thanks Mike.

Carol said...

I'm feeling my age today, too. After sleeping 12 hours last night, I definitely hope to get back on my regular middle-aged track. So far, I'm feeling that too-much-sleep hangover, though.

We're getting old, man.

Beamer said...

I would have to agree with you Carol.

I am fortunate in not suffering from Arthritis or having many aches and pains.

There was probably a reason you needed that much sleep.

Beamer