Black Beans, Rice and Pork

Posted by Beamer at 1:29 AM

June 10th, 2008

I was needing a recipe for a can of black beans I had yesterday, so I came up with this concoction. Came out tasting pretty damn good, especially for black beans.

Ingredients:
4 oz. Bar-b-qued Pork, thinly sliced, small cubes
1 15 oz. can S & W Black Beans
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup White Onion, diced
1/2 tsp Celery seed
2 Tbs Rue
2/3 cup White rice, cooked
1 tsp Chicken stock Powder
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 Tbs Cajun Spice
1 1/2 Tbsp Butter
1 1/2 tsp Cooking oil
1 Tbs ground black pepper
2 Tbs Minced Garlic
1 Tbs Green chili sauce
1 tsp crushed chili

Directions:
In a large metal sauté pan, Open up one can of S & W Black Beans and pour into the sauté Pan. Use 1/2 the water to clean out the inside of the can, pouring the remains into the sauté pan. Put heat on Medium low. Add the pork. Add the brown sugar and stir in brown sugar gently. In a small sauté pan add butter, crushed chili, cooking oil, onions, pepper and garlic. Sauté Onions over medium heat until translucent. Heat remainder of water and add Chicken stock. I used the microwave oven. Dissolve the chicken stock in the water and add to the beans. Add celery seed, Green Chili sauce, White rice, and sautéed onions. Cover the skillet and Heat till bubbling, stirring gently to dissolve rue and stir in ingredients.

You could cook up 1/4 pound of pork or hamburger ahead of time and add it instead of the Bar-b-qued pork. I was using left overs I had. You could also leave out the rice if you want. I'd just double up on the rue.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Update: As of 6 / 18 / 2008 I have made this dish 3 times. The last Time I had a 30 0z can of black beans, so I doubled up on all the ingredients and used a sauce pan instead of the saute skillet to put the beans into. I used Bar-b-qued chicken instead of the pork. You Might want to cut back on the Chili flakes with the chili, unless you like it spicy. It turned out good as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beamer,sounds interesting.thanks for this one. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Beamer said...

You are very welcome. Have a great Night.

Beamer